The Emergency Electric Assistance Program is funded by the KIUC Charitable Foundation and is designed to provide emergency assistance to customers who are past due and unable to pay their electric bill.
A household may receive assistance of up to a maximum of $250 for electric service once in a 12-month period.
*If the urgent notice due date has past you may not be eligible for assistance..
To be eligible for the Emergency Electricity Assistance Program, KIUC customers must:
Physically reside on Kauai
Have a current account with KIUC or reside at the service location
Complete a KEO Intake Application
Possess a past due KIUC bill or urgent notice
Provide proof of residence and responsibility if client is not the KIUC subscriber
Have a household income that falls at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (the incomes of all persons residing at the service address are to be included).
Call 245-4077 ext. 240 for a KEO Intake appointment.
Verification of Income
- Paystubs for the past 3 months
- Social security or social security disability letter or printout
- Unemployment printout
- Child support
- DHS Benefit History printout for Food Stamp, TANF, General Assistance
- Self-employment: General Excise Tax filing, tax returns
- Retirement pension
- Veterans Benefit
Verification of household members
- Birth verification (birth certificate, passport, etc.)
Picture Identification of applicant
KIUC past due bill or urgent notice
Verification of assets
- Savings and checking account statements
- Profit Sharing, 401K, IRA, Mutual Funds. Pension statements
Reciept of payment for any amount over the $250.00
To print and fill out the Emergency Electric Assistance Packet please click here.